Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2021

The Challenging Catapult

In Te Ngahere we have been learning about the E Pro8. The E Pro8 is when there are different challenges that are fun and challenging. We had more than an hour to finish a catapult and other challenges.  


In E Pro8 we had to create catapults out of Bamboo sticks, Electric tape, Scissors, string, Rubber bands, one Ping pong ball and 1x Measuring tape.  We had to get into groups of 3. My group had 1 boy and 2 girls. The teacher said it had to be a mixture of gender so at least 1 girl 2 boys or 2 girls 1 boy. We learnt about potential energy and kinetic energy. Potential energy is when something is storing energy and kinetic energy is when you use a slingshot and you fire. We thought we should build a triangular prism and we  put a bamboo stick in the middle so we can hit the bamboo stick to bring kinetic energy. The potential energy happens we are about to launch the catapult. We tied it up with rubber bands and when we were finished we had to test  it. The Success criteria said that it has to go pass 3 meters before landing. We had some bad attempts at first but then we knew that we were ready. We got the measuring tape and measured it up to 3 meters. A few seconds later I launched it and it landed pass 3 meters. We didn’t get the exact number of the measurement but we know that it went past 3 meters. 

Have you done The E Pro8 Before?   


2 comments:

  1. Hello River my name is Aaron from your school. I really loved your post about the catapult because that was very interesting and detailed. I liked doing the epro 8 challenge I found that very fun. I also really liked your title I think that title is really interesting.

    Who was in your group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Logan I go to Paihia School to and I notice me and you are in the same class I chose to go on your blog because yours looked very interesting and no one has commented on you. It sounds very interesting what you did for your design. It sounds like you know what your talking about and I think yours turned out very good and stable. I liked doing the truss bridge the most. What is your favorite bridge mine is the truss bridge?

    ReplyDelete